Avery James Photography

Avery James Photography

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

::tears:: just got home from a great tearjerker movie:

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close



It's got so many different emotional pieces going on throughout the movie that I think many people will find something they can relate to.  My heart definitely went out to the mother in the movie and I cried like a baby for the last 20 minutes as everything was coming to a head.

Basically the movie is based around a young boy whose father died in the World Trade Center on 9/11.  That part of the story alone is heartbreaking.  Then he has this journey to try and find a connection to his father through a mystery of sorts that he is trying to solve.

As he met so many people along his path, I was reminded at how each person that I meet in my life, if even for only a brief time, affects me in some way and the person that I am.  Or that I may affect many people along my path in ways that I may never even realize.  It's an outstanding realization when you sit and really think about it.

The mother in the story is struggling with so many things - her own grief at losing her husband in such a tragic way, and having to raise and console a son who clearly favored his father for the relationship that they had.  Watching your child fall apart and hurt so deeply and not being able to do anything to help ease their pain is heart wrenching to watch.  This is about the time I started bawling in the movie theater.

There are a few other characters who each have their own little shining light and struggles, and together they all created a great movie.  I could have done without the face full of tears, but that's when you know a movie is good - when it makes you feel emotions so strongly that you can't control them.

Check out the trailer. :)


1 comment:

workboy53 said...

The grinder that is used to grind the lenses to the specifications of the prescription is called an edger. There is a constant source of water running over the lens while it is being ground in order to reduce the heat caused by friction on the glass.


Crystal Custom
Promotional Sunglasses
Promo Sunglasses
Personalized sunglasses
Customized sunglasses