Avery James Photography

Avery James Photography

Sunday, May 24, 2009

S & Z

I've decided that I am starting to steer my "specialty" in photography to older children (previously I was focusing more on the toddler age group) - but I am realizing that I like being able to "direct" my clients in their shoots more than I used to....I'm nowhere near an expert at it, but I feel that I'm learning more each shoot that I do....and I like the results much better because I just have more control over the outcome (I'm a control freak for those of you who don't know me well!) :)

This was all brought on from a combination of yesterday afternoon's shoot and then this morning's shoot - plus a few other ones I've done in the past...it's just great to work with clients who are open to just about anything, aren't worried about getting their clothes a little dirty or wet, and don't look at me like I'm crazy when I ask them to climb on walls, sit in planters, or dangle from trees...it all pays off in the end, and the clothes can be washed. :)

Here's a sneak at this morning's shoot...a memory that I will take with me from this shoot - the family of sticks that little "Z" collected...and then named....Pointy, and a few other names I can't recall right at this moment...fun stuff.
Thank you so much for being patient with me as I work on my manual settings...I've done manual here and there before, but I'm working towards doing the whole shoot in manual going forward, and unfortunately this takes some trial and error and has a bit of a learning curve...but again, it pays off in the end. :) :)
Here's just a few pics for now - I'll post more as soon as I can. :)








4 comments:

Monroe Dawson said...

Wow you've got a really good eye for photography! Looks like you've found some great places to shoot form which I'm sure wasn't hard being you live in Cali :o)

Sara said...

Love love love them!! Thanks so much. My little man looks so handsome :)

Chris said...

Wow, these are incredible. Love the bright vivid colors in them too!

readingsully2 said...

These are great. These remind me the 50's for some reason. :)