Avery James Photography

Avery James Photography

Friday, June 12, 2009

Yung Threatz

I'm extremely interested in delving into new genres of photography...I can't really decide what I would like to focus on the most until I've had a chance to try out all of the possibilities first.

I started with children, mainly toddlers....then I started doing more family shoots with adults and older kids...I did a wedding, birthday parties...modeling pictures both with children and adults....headshots for males and females...engagement photos....family pics with pets...

...and now I'm adding to my portfolio the below pictures which consist of a local music group....kind of a melodic hip hop and r&b sound. Within the next few months I think I should be able to decide what I want to really focus on...as of now though I think I'm leaning towards the entertainment industry style shoots (headshots, modeling pics, commercial photography)...stay tuned :)

In this shoot we were going for the urban look to fit their style and sound, and they really wanted to show their neighborhood in Carson, CA. where their roots are.

Here's a couple individual shots as well as a group shot (although one of the members was unable to be at the shoot unfortunately...there's actually 4 of them). More to come from this shoot....

Bonus: Check out their music on their myspace page at: www.myspace.com/bvygz










4 comments:

Ali said...

LOVE these and love that you don't shoot the same stuff over and over!!! 8)

Apple said...

Great Pics! My Family lives in Carson.:)

Anonymous said...

To be honest with you, I wasn't expecting the pictures to come out this great. Your talent is a gift from God. And after looking at all the pictures in your portfolio, and jumping into this-->urban theme, you made it look extra easy. Good for you! I hope doing this will broaden your network, and wish you the best. I was there the day you took the pictures of the boys, and I wasn't expecting the quality and creativeness shown in the pictures. A job well done.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone!! :)

Anonymous - Thank you (I think!) :) Even though your expectations weren't high, I'm glad I was able to surpass them. It was definitely a different genre for me, but one I am very interested in and so I was glad that I am able to produce what I was envisioning in my head. :) I'm looking forward to going through more of the pictures as soon as I can catch up with my other shoots as well. :)

Thanks! :)