Avery James Photography

Avery James Photography

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Compassionate Friends - Balloon Liftoff 2009

I belong to the South Bay California chapter of The Compassionate Friends...this is a peer support group for those who have lost a child, grandchild, or sibling. I also run the chapter's website at http://www.tcfsbla.org/. There's a link on that site to the national TCF site where more info can be found if you or someone you know may find help from this group.

Tonight was the annual balloon liftoff. This beautiful event consists of friends and family coming together to write messages to our beloved children, tying them to balloons, and releasing them into the sky for our children in the heavens to catch. It's a very touching event and has a lot of symbolism wrapped in it.

I captured a few images from the event that I will eventually put up on the TCF South Bay website...here's a couple that I wanted to share here. :)




































2 comments:

readingsully2 said...

What a beautiful event. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. Your photos were amazing.

A very moving event.

Jen said...

So beautiful, Crystal. I love each and every photo. Having done the little liftoff last July, I understand how special this event is- especially when sharing it will other families who can relate to the symbolism.

For how gloomy and showery it has been, the sky is beautiful :)