Avery James Photography

Avery James Photography

Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 2011 San Francisco vacation - Part 4 (Chinatown)

Previous San Francisco vacation posts

Day 1: Sunday, April 10, 2011 (continued)
 
 Continuing on...we left Union Square and walked up the remaining couple of blocks towards our hotel....we then made a right on our street and a block past our hotel was the entrance gate to China Town.
 
 


At first glance when you walk in, it's a pretty basic downtown-like street...tourists, shops, buildings, just with lots of Chinese writing on the signs.....








This had me cracking up - I'm standing there taking pictures of various things, then I look over at Caydan and he was standing there trying to take a picture of himself with this creepy clown figure.  It was really cute watching him try it.  I then asked him if he wanted me to take the picture for him, which he did, lol. :)
 



The view looking back from China Town



Barbary Coast Trail sign on the sidewalk



So then as you keep walking down the street (we're walking down Grant Street, FYI), all of a sudden you see the streets lined with these beautiful lanterns.  It looks so festive and pretty! 

 
 






Random guy playing music



Next up is Japantown and the Cherry Blossom Festival....and the end of Day 1. :)

2 comments:

SweetLime313 said...

I love the china town shots but I'm craving dim sum now! Caydan is such a ham, he's going to be a pro photogropher by the time he's in junior high, lol!

Jen said...

I love the lanterns!!!