Avery James Photography

Avery James Photography

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Wedding Gown Fitting

A couple of days ago I posted about my sister's "engagement" photos here...yesterday she had her first bridal gown appointment to go to - how exciting!!  Of course I brought along my camera. :)  The experience was pretty fun - it was neat to see her get all dressed up.

Something I did learn, perhaps helpful to other brides out there - my sister went into the store with ideas and pictures of exactly how she wanted her dress to look and exactly how she didn't want her dress to look.  Well after she tried on dresses in line with what she had in her head - she realized that maybe they weren't the best look for her specifically and then tried on dresses with everything she said she didn't want and ended up loving it!  Go figure. :)  Finding something that fits your body type specifically is a lot different than looking at all the models in the magazines in wedding gowns.  :)  I can't wait till the day that I get to go try gowns on!! :) :)

This was the first of many appointments to come - this store didn't have a huge selection and although she was able to narrow down the look and shape of what she wanted, they didn't necessarily have the right fabrics and combinations that she wanted.  She did add one gown and veil to her "wish list", but I'm guessing she'll find something else she likes better down the line. :)
 
I've decided against posting any of the actual gown photos right now to keep the element of surprise for the groom at least.  But here's a few of the other pics from the fitting anyhow. :)

















1 comment:

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} said...

Such a sweet post. Your sis is so lucky to have you photographing and documenting this exciting time! Thanks for popping by my blog, yours is lovely! :)