Avery James Photography

Avery James Photography

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

1st Birthday Party Shoot

I had the great honor of being the official birthday photographer for an extremely handsome 1-year-old this past Sunday. I've done two photoshoots with this adorable little boy since he was only a couple of months old...and the family has called me back for 2 additional photoshoots since then, so I must have been doing something right. :)

Birthday parties, or any events for that matter, pose a much more difficult challenge when photographing. You don't really have the opportunity to pose people as you would during a formal shoot as everyone is up and about and moving around and just trying to enjoy the party....so as a photographer you must focus on capturing the moments that the family can look back at and enjoy in years to come. For the parents, it's great to have someone else photographing because it frees up your time to enjoy the day and spend it with the little one.

Here are some of my favorites from the day...I've left out most of the gathering of family/friends photos due to privacy concerns....but I think my favorites are of the birthday boy anyways. :) :)





































2 comments:

Jen said...

Great pictures!

.:OhanaImages:. said...

awwww.. he's all grown up now.. he looks like a lil man!
very cute! luv the pix!